Quick & Easy Kadhai Paneer | Kadai Paneer | Show Me The Curry Vegetarian Recipes
Kadhai Paneer is a delicious and rustic Punjabi dish that is loved by all. The traditional method of making Kadai Paneer involves dry roasting and roughly crushing whole spices that add immense flavor to the recipe. Realizing that many times, we don’t all have the time to elaborate on cooking, try this quick and easy version that will soon be a favorite go-to recipe for your family.
Ingredients: (Serves 6)
Paneer – 10 oz, cubed
Ghee – 1 Tbsp
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp, roughly powdered
Onion – 1 medium (6 oz), half finely chopped & half cubed
Ginger – 2 tsp, minced
Garlic – 2 tsp, minced
Tomato Paste – 2 Tbsp
Red Bell Pepper – 1 medium, cubed
Green Bell Pepper – 1 medium, cubed
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 Tbsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 Tbsp
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp or to taste
Pink Himalayan Salt – to taste
Water – approx 1 1/4 cup
Cilantro – for garnishing
1. In a large non-stick pan, heat Butter and Ghee.
2. Once hot, add Cumin Seeds and powdered Fennel Seeds. Let the seeds sizzle.
3. Add Turmeric Powder and finely chopped Onions. Sprinkle a little Salt, mix and allow the onions to become translucent.
4. Add Ginger and Garlic, mix and cook until the mixture caramelizes and the oil starts to separate.
5. Add Tomato Paste, mix and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add all dry spices, mix well and cook for a minute.
7. Add 1/4 cup Water and mix well. Add Bell Peppers and cubed Onions, sprinkle a little Salt, toss to coat evenly and cook for a minute or two.
8. Add Paneer cubes, sprinkle a little Salt, and toss to coat evenly.
Add 1/2 cup Water and without mixing, cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
9. Stir the mixture and add up to another 1/2 cup of water for desired consistency.
10. Garnish with Cilantro and serve with a low carb chapati or flat bread.