How to Make Vegetarian Curry Rice (Recipe) ベジタリアンのためのカレーライス (レシピ) (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
Congrats to the winners 🙂
Curry Rice (curry and rice / kare-raisu) is a very popular dish in Japan. According to the statistics, we Japanese eat curry rice twice a month!
When I made the Basic Curry Rice, some people asked me for the vegetarian version, so I decided to make this video. The product I used contains no animal product but it tastes quite similar to the regular ones =) My darling and I are not vegetarian but we enjoyed it a lot!!!
This curry uses well-selected spices. Not hot but mild and tasty.
I bought this curry roux at an organic supermarket called “Kodawariya (こだわりや)”. I hope you can get it when you come to Japan or when you find it somewhere else.
Vegetarian Curry Rice
Number of servings: 4
1/2 bag (80g=2.8oz.) vegetarian curry roux
1 small (150g=5.3oz.) onion
1 medium (150g=5.3oz.) potato
1/2 (100g=3.5oz.) carrot
1 tbsp. cooking oil
4 servings of cooked rice
1. Cut onion, potato, and carrot into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat cooking oil in a large stew pot. Add the cut vegetables and stir-fry them until slightly coated with oil.
3. Add 300ml water, bring to a boil, remove the foam, then turn the heat down to medium and cook for about 15 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, mix vegetarian curry roux and 200ml water.
5. Turn off the heat, add the curry roux mixture into the pot, and mix well. *make sure you stop the heat when you add the curry roux, otherwise it thickens very quickly.
6. Then put on low and simmer for a little while.
7 Serve curry on a hot bed of rice.
*if you have leftover curry roux, store it in the fridge and use within a week.
How to Make Basic Curry Rice
TO ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY:
You or someone you want to cook for must be a vegetarian.
Comment and let me know your favorite vegetarian food.
The giveaway is open for 1 week and will end on FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 22nd, 2013 at 11:59 PM Japan Time. The winners will be announced here in this description box!
I will randomly select a winner and send you a message.
Winners will be announced in this description box as soon as the winners are set.
Manhattan Bars And Restaurants 4
♥Visit my Blog for more Recipes♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course SUBSCRIBE♥