Bhakarwadi Recipe Video – Baked – Healthier Version – Indian Vegetarian Recipes by Bhavna
More recipes at http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com
FOR THE DOUGH
Plain flour 1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
Chickpea flour 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Turmeric powder 1 Pinch
Baking powder 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Oil 4 Tablespoon
Water 1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
FOR THE FILLING
Dry coconut flakes 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Poppy seeds/Sesame seed 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Cilantro 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Ginger and green chili paste 1 Teaspoon
Tamarind pulp 1⁄3 Tablespoon
Cinnamon powder 1 Pinch
For the dough:
1. In a bowl sift the two flours together into and combine all the other dry ingredients.
2. Mix oil and water and knead into fairly hard and smooth dough.
3. Cover it and place aside to rest for 15-20 minutes.
For the filling:
4. Blend dry coconut, poppy seeds or khus khus, cilantro and ginger and green chili paste.
5. Then add sugar, salt, garam masala and coriander cumin powder and blend again.
6. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
To make the bakharwadi:
7. Take medium size ball out of the dough and mold into medium thick crack free circle
8. Roll on a rolling board with rolling pin into a thin circle.
9. Mix cinnamon powder into the tamarind paste and spread thinly over the rolled dough.
10. Spread the filling leaving the edges a little empty.
11. Roll tightly to make a cylinder shape flattening it slightly as you roll.
12. Cut the roll with a knife into bite sized pieces with desired thickness.
13. Arrange the bakharwadis on a baking tray, place in the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown in color and crisp.
14. Serve with tangy chutney or as desired.
To get crispy bakharwadi bring down the oven temp to lowest and bake for about 1 hour.