Classic Homemade Caesar Salad Recipe
There’s nothing like a delicious easy to make fresh Caesar salad recipe that is served with homemade dressing and croutons! Subscribe ► https://bit.ly/2zBklap
Crazy enough Caesar salad originated in Tijuana, Mexico by an Italian named Caesar Cardini. Cardini moved to California in the early 20th century and often times during prohibition he, like many others, would head to Tijuana for a drink.
He quickly opened a restaurant and a few years later created the Caesar Salad. Who got that story right?
Ingredients for this recipe:
• 2 heads of cored romaine lettuce cut into 1 ½” pieces
• ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese
• 1 croutons recipe
• 1 Caesar dressing recipe (there will be some leftover)
• sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0
1. In a large bowl add in the lettuce, cheese, croutons salt, and pepper.
2. Using a spoon add the desired amount of dressing to the inside of the bowl around the lettuce touching the bowl (see video).
3. Thoroughly toss the greens using tongs until the lettuce, cheese, and croutons are coated in the dressing and serve.
Make-Ahead: This recipe is meant to be eaten as soon as it is mixed together with the dressing. it can however be made the day before if the lettuce, dressing, cheese, and croutons are kept separate covered in the refrigerator.
How to Store: Place each ingredient in its own plastic container or bag and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. This recipe will not freeze.
Feel free to add in more dressing, croutons, or Parmesan cheese as you see fit.
Be sure to serve the salad immediately after tossing in the dressing.
If there is another romaine lettuce shortage, green leaf or red leaf lettuce as a substitute will work.
Kale is sometimes used as a substitute or as the main green in this recipe.
PRINT THIS CAESAR SALAD RECIPE: https://www.billyparisi.com/classic-caesar-salad-recipe
Be sure to subscribe to hone your cooking skills to make homemade food from scratch: https://bit.ly/2SSlNvM
FOLLOW CHEF BILLY PARISI