Dal Vada | South Indian Tea Time Snack | Quick and Easy Recipe
A delicious tea time snack you will absolutely love. The crispy vadas with the flavour of spice is the perfect companion for your tea. A very famous south Indian dish now a favourite dish across India. Every region has it’s own variations. This is my take on the traditional recipe. I am sure you will enjoy.
Let’s make Dal Vada.
1) split Bengal grams – 2 cups, soaked for 3 hrs
2) Onions- 4 chopped
3) Coriander- 2 tbsp chopped
4) Curry leaves- 2 tbsp chopped
5) Ginger- chilli paste- 2 tbsp
6) Salt as required
7) Oil as required
– Grind the soaked dal to a coarse paste without adding water.
– You can leave some dal whole if you like
– remove the paste in a large bowl
– add the chopped onions, coriander, curry leaves, ginger chilli paste and salt
– mix well
– take some batter in your hands and shape it into a flat disc.
– shape the vadas as thin as possible for crispy vadas
– deep fry the vadas in high flame
– fry till crisp and golden brown on the outside
– remove on an absorbent paper.
– Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
*** do not use any water while making the vadas. Drain the soaked dal well before grinding.
***grind to a very coarse paste for the perfect dal vada
*** serve immediately as they taste best when hot.
Do try this recipe and leave your suggestion in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed my recipe do check my channel for other quick, simple and easy recipes.
Don’t forget to like, share and SUBSCRIBE to my channel JIMJEN’S KITCHEN.