Puran Poli | Gudi Padwa Special | Traditional Maharashtrian Sweet Dish Recipe
Watch how to make ‘Puran Poli’, a very easy to make sweet dish recipe by chef Kanak.
Puran Poli is an Indian stuffed bread filled with sweet lentil filling. It is a traditional Maharashtrian sweet dish and is popular throughout India.
1 cup split chana dal – boiled
3/4 cup jaggery / sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
dash of nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
1/4 tsp fennel seeds powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour / maida
few pinches of salt
1 tbsp clarified butter / ghee + brushing
water as per requirement
To make the stuffing:
– Wash and soak the chana dal in enough water for 3 – 4 hours and then cook in a pressure cooker with a cup of water for just 2 whistles.
– Using a blender, mash the dal well to make a smooth base consistency.
– In a pan, add in the boiled and mashed chana dal along with jaggery in it and mix well until the mixture thickens and begins to leave the sides of the pan. Mix well for about 3 – 5 minutes until both the ingredients blend together.
– Add the cardamom powder, a dash of nutmeg powder, dry ginger powder and fennel seeds powder and mix well until the mixture dries up completely.
– Puran (stuffing) is ready.
To make the poli:
– In a bowl, add the whole wheat flour and the all purpose flour and to it add salt and ghee and mix well.
– Add water, little at a time, to knead the dough. The dough should be slightly loose and soft. Once done, cover the dough and let it rest for an hour.
To make puran poli:
– Add little oil to the dough and knead well. Take a small portion of the dough and roll it into a small disc. Add a small portion of the stuffing to the rolled disc and seal the edges towards inside.
– Roll again and form a circle.
– Heat a pan on a medium high heat and place the puran poli on it.
– Roast it on both the sides for around 2 – 3 minutes. Keep flipping as desired until you see golden rown spots on both the sides.
– When it is about to get done, apply some ghee and flip for one last time.
– The delectable, sweet puran polis are ready to be served.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Kanak’s Kitchen Menu ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Delicious Appetizers / Starters Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/UtVxqe
Healthy Vegetarian Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/ehEbMv
Easy To Cook Chicken Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/YOXUli
Authentic Chinese Recipes ➔ https://goo.gl/qnqrc2
Yummy and Lip Smacking Desserts ➔ https://goo.gl/Grgh01
Irresistible Healthy Sweets ➔ https://goo.gl/aBnAeH
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Social Media Links ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook ➔ https://www.facebook.com/kanakskitchen/
Instagram ➔ http://instagram.com/kanakskitchen/
Google+ ➔ https://plus.google.com/+KanaksKitchen
Twitter ➔ https://twitter.com/kanakskitchen
Subscribe here ➔ http://goo.gl/z8RCxr