MEXICAN RICE | SPANISH STYLE RICE | DIY RESTAURANT SIDE DISH
Deronda demonstrates her favorite way to make MEXICAN RICE… just the same way you’re served at your favorite Mexican restaurant!! Perfectly delicious with any entrée, or just by itself!! Recipe below…
MEXICAN RICE (SPANISH RICE)
1 cup long-gain rice, may substitute with Basmati, or Jasmine rice
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups vegetable broth, may substitute with chicken/beef broth, or water
1 cup onion, finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried cilantro, or 2-3 teaspoons of fresh cilantro
2 teaspoon vegetable broth seasoning, may substitute with chicken, or beef bouillon cubes
1. In a 4-quart Dutch oven, or heavy bottom pan or skillet (with a tight fitting lid), over medium-high heat, add oil and rice. Stir for 5 minutes, or until rice is golden in color.
2. Add chopped onion. Stir and cook an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add chopped garlic. Stir and cook an additional 1 minute.
4. Add cumin, pepper, onion & garlic powder. Stir well.
5. Stir in tomato paste.
6. Add bouillon cubes.
7. Add vegetable broth. Stir. Add cilantro. Bring to a gentle boil. Boil for 1 minute. Cover with tight fitting lid. Lower heat to simmer. Cook rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Serve with grilled chicken, steaks, enchiladas, tacos, and whatever else you can think of!!
~~ENJOY your homemade MEXICAN RICE~~
JOIN ME ON…
Deronda’s channel offers many different foods that are easy and simple to make, yet delicious to eat…Appetizers, Main Dishes, Desserts, Snacks, Breads, Tips, and much more from start to finish!! An inspirational channel for the CHEF in all of us.
Made with LOVE 🙂
Music by…Kevin MacLeon (http://incompetech.com)