Is this video I show you how to make a gumbo recipe, that is just absolutely the best you will ever have. I will take you from making a great seafood stock, to making a seafood base to add a fantastic seafood flavor into your gumbo. Watch as I give away some of my long held secrets for making a Seafood Gumbo that is sure to please!
If you can’t find the Pop’s Golden Gem dried shrimp, then you can order them from Amazon.com by following this link. http://amzn.to/1B7b8Ml
If you are interested in learning more about the Cajun Rocket Pots, then please visit their website at: http://www.cajunrocketpot.com
To order the Frog Bone products, please visit their website at: http://www.frog-bone.com
Gulf shrimp 5 Pound, cleaned and washed
Blue crab 12
Crab meat 1 Pound (Fresh)
Water 1 Gallon
All purpose seasoning 1 Tablespoon
Celery 3 , chopped
Carrot 3 , chopped
Garlic 1 Clove (5 gm), quartered
Bay leaves 3
Olive oil 1 Tablespoon
Onion 1⁄2 , roughly chopped
Garlic 4 Clove (20 gm), chopped
Water 2 Cup (32 tbs)
Salt 1 Teaspoon
Freshly ground black pepper To Taste
All purpose seasoning 1 Teaspoon (Frog Bone)
Worcestershire 1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Lemon 3 , quartered
Bay leaves 4
Merlot 1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
Vegetable oil 1 Cup (16 tbs)
All purpose flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Sea salt To Taste
Freshly ground black pepper To Taste
Celery stalks 3 , chopped
Onion 1 Small, chopped
Onion 1 Medium, chopped
Chopped garlic 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Bay leaves 5
Fresh thyme 2 Tablespoon
Canned stewed tomatoes 29 Ounce (2 Cans of 14 1/2 Ounce)
Low salt seasoning 1 Teaspoon (Frog bone)
Okra 24 Ounce, baked
Sausage 1 Pound, chopped
Dried shrimps 3 Tablespoon
Green onions 2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped
Salt & pepper To Taste
All purpose seasoning 1 Tablespoon (Cajun Frog bone)
For Seafood Stock
1. Take water in a pot. Add shrimp tail and shells along with crab flappers.
2. Season water with frog bone all purpose seasoning. Add celery, onion, carrot, garlic and bay leaves. Season with Frog Bone All Purpose Seasoning.
3. Give everything a good mix and bring everything to boil.
4. Reduce the heat and let everything simmer for hour and a half.
5. Heat olive oil in a pot. Add onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
6. Add water. Season with salt, black pepper and Frog Bone All Purpose Seasoning.
7. Drop in the remaining shells and heads of shrimp, followed by crab feelers.
8. Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon quarters and bay leaf. Pour merlot wine, give everything a good mix.
9. Let everything cook for about 30 minutes.
10. Strain everything into a smaller pot. Reduce this down to about 6 tablespoon of reduction (Should be thick and syrupy).
11. Strain the stock and then mix the reduction with the stock.
12. Pour vegetable oil in a skillet, add flour and continue to mix and cook until all lumps are gone and roux is nice and silky.
13. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir constantly until dark brown (Be careful not to burn the roux).
14. Drop in onions, celery and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
15. Add garlic and cook for a little bit more.
16. Transfer the roux and vegetables to another pot. Add the stock to the pot.
17. Simmer for sometime. Add sausage, bayleaves and thyme followed by stewed tomatoes and Frog Bone low salt seasoning and dried shrimps
18. Drop in baked okra and some more water. Continue to simmer for a couple of hours.
19. Throw in the blue crabs and cook for another 10 minutes.
20. Add shrimps, green onions and crab meat. Mix that in and then continue to cook.
21. Season with salt, pepper and cajun seasoning as desired.
22. Cool it down and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
23. Re-heat the amount you are serving the next day, and Enjoy
Dish: Cajun Gumbo
Course: Main Dish
Restriction: High Protein
Read more at http://ifood.tv/american/1005615-gumbo-recipe#0lomHSsY8348bxMC.99
Download our Smoky Ribs app for your iPhone, Android and other devices here: http://smokyribs.mobapp.at/landing/Desktop#.UsQyFvRDtMg
You can also connect with me on FaceBook & Twitter!
Original music for the Smoky Ribs channel, wrote and performed by Chad Austin Parker! Please go over a check Chads music out @ http://www.reverbnation.com/chadaustinparker and you can connect with Chad on his FaceBook page @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chad-Austin-Parker-Music/537840166251217