Keto vegan crusty bread – No yeast and GLUTEN FREE!
These crusty breads are vegan, ketogenic, gluten free and does not require yeast to make! Keep cooking and carry on at this trying time. I love you all. Stay home and stay safe. X
Find products I use for my recipes:
My Amazon shop UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/shop/heavenlyfan
My Amazon shop US (and the rest of the world) : https://www.amazon.com/shop/heavenlyfan
Follow me on
(This recipe makes 4 breads, approx 4-5 net carbs per bread)
2 cups (250g) ground almonds (almond meal)
7-8 tbsps (40g) tbsps psyllium husks (fine crumbs or powder)
2 tsps baking powder
2 tsps sweetener
Small pinches of salt
1 tsp quick action yeast (optional)
1 tbsp oil
2 cups hot water (Add a small amount at a time. You most likely won’t need the full amount!)
2 tsps vinegar
Sesame seeds (for sprinkling on top)
1. Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Place aside.
2. In 2 cups of freshly boiled hot water, add in 2 tsps of vinegar, mix well.
3. Add oil in the dry ingredients, then pour in a small amount of the hot vinegar/water liquid and start kneading the dough. Add more liquid (1 tsp at a time!) as you go till you reach a smooth and glossy texture.
4. Preheat the oven in 180C (350F). Gather the dough into a large ball and leave it to rest for 10-15mins)
5. Divide the bread dough into four portions and shape each portion into a ball shape. Place the dough balls on a greased baking tray. Press the dough balls gently to create a bun shape. Coat the top of the bread dough with oil. Sprinkle some sesame seeds.
6. Bake the bread dough in a 180C (350F) preheated oven for 50-60mins till golden brown.