Koeksisters Recipe | South African Dessert Recipes | African Food Recipe By Megha Joshi
Do you like trying different varieties of food? If yes then you will love the video. Today India Food Network shows you how to make popular African dessert recipe Koeksisters by Megha Joshi. Koeksister is a traditional Cape Malay confectionery made of fried dough infused in syrup. Stay tuned to India Food Network for more African recipes.
#africanrecipes #dessertrecipe #recipebymeghajoshi
SUBSCRIBE to our Channel – http://bit.ly/SubscribeToIndiaFoodNetwork
Follow Us on Social Media :-
❤ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/indiafoodnetwork/
IFN Website: http://indiafoodnetwork.in/
Love our recipes? Hit ‘LIKE’ and show us your support! 🙂
Post your comments below and share our videos with your friends. Spread the love! 🙂
Download our App – http://bit.ly/DownloadIndiaFoodNetworkApp
500 gms Sugar
250 ml Water
12.5 ml Lemo Juice
5 ml Vanilla Extract
200 gms Flour
22 ml Baking Powder
1 ml Salt
20 gms Butter
150 ml Milk
750 ml Sunflower Oil
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
2. Stir in milk until all come together to form a dough ball.
3. Roll dough onto a flour-covered surface – 5 mm thick, cut and braid koeksisters.
4. Heat the oil until fairly warm and fry 3-4 koeksisters at a time and turn when golden brown.
5. Remove and dip into the syrup for few mins,
6. Remove the koeksisters from the syrup and drain on a wire rack.
1. Heat sugar and water in a deep pot over low heat without a lid until it boils. Stir it continuously until the sugar dissolves.
2. Cook the syrup for 7-8 mins without a lid. Don’t let it boil to fast, it will become thick. Remove it from the stove and add juice and extract the mixture.