RESTAURANT STYLE CHICKEN HANDI | CHICKEN HANDI RECIPE | CHICKEN HANDI BY SPICE EATS
Restaurant Style Chicken Handi | Chicken Handi Recipe | Chicken Handi by Spice Eats | Chicken Handi | Chicken Masala | Chicken Recipe | Handi Chicken | Chicken Curry
Ingredients for Chicken Handi :
– Boneless Chicken, cut into cubes- 500 gms
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Onions, fine chopped- 1 big (100 gms)
– Tomatoes, chopped- 4 small (200 gms)
– Green Chillies, cut into big pieces – 3 nos
– Ginger, julienned- 1 tbsp
– Coriander, chopped for garnish- 3 tbsp
– Cumin seeds- 3/4 tsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/2 tsp (Link to our Garam Masala Recipe: https://youtu.be/1trtejl8hwM)
– Crushed Black Pepper- 1/4 tsp
– Dry Fenugreek Leaves, dry roasted & powdered- 1 tsp
– Whisked Curd or Yogurt- 2 tbsp
– Fresh Cream- 4 tbsp
– Oil- 4 tbsp
– Clean & wash the chicken fillets and pat dry. Cut into one inch cubes.
– Chop the onion, tomatoes and coriander leaves, julienned the ginger and cut the 3 green chillies into small pieces.
– Dry roast and powder the Kasuri Methi (Dry Fenugreek leaves), set aside.
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in a flat pan and add the ginger garlic paste. Fry on low heat for 1 minute and add the chicken cubes along with 1 tsp salt. Mix and fry on high to medium heat for 3-4 mins. Take it out and set aside.
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in the same pan and add the chopped onions. Fry on medium heat for 5-6 mins till light brown.
– Add the chopped tomatoes & 1/4 tsp salt and cook on medium heat for 3-4 mins till soft.
– Now add the Turmeric, Red Chilli and Coriander powders, mix and add a splash of water.
– Continue to cook for around 3 mins on medium to low heat till oil separates.
– Add the fried chicken cubes and fry on medium heat for 5 mins till water dries up and oil separates.
– Now switch off heat and add the whisked curd/ yogurt. Mix well and cook on low heat for 2 mins till oil separates.
– Add 50 ml water, mix well and cook covered on low heat for 10 mins till the chicken is tender and oil separates.
– Now add the crushed black pepper, garam masala powder and roasted & powdered Kasuri Methi. Mix well and cook for another 2-3 mins.
– Now add the green chilli pieces and ginger juliennes, give a mix and then add the fresh cream. You can add few tablespoons water if required.
– Give a mix and simmer for 2-3 mins till oil separates.
– Garnish with chopped coriander.
#chickenhandi #chickenhandirecipe #handichicken #chickenmasala #chickenrecipe #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken