My super simple Chicken Korma recipe, ready in less than 30 minutes!
My version of a chicken korma is a rich and creamy mild chicken curry with lots of flavour, made with coconut cream, yogurt and a small amount of ground almonds. Perfect for kids and adults to enjoy.
It’s all cooked in one pan with no marinading required and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Free printable recipe is available on our site: https://www.kitchensanctuary.com/chicken-korma/
Ingredients for this delicious Chicken Korma:
• 2 tbsp ghee or sunflower oil
• 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
• 3 chicken breasts (approx. 525g/1.1lbs), chopped into bite-size chunks
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
• 2 tsp minced ginger
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1.5 tsp ground coriander
• 1.5 tsp garam masala
• ½ tsp mild chilli powder
• ½ tsp turmeric
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp white pepper
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• 120ml (½ cup) full-fat plain yogurt
• 120ml (½ cup) coconut cream
• 2 tbsp ground almonds
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 60ml (4 tbsp) Double (Heavy) Cream
• 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
• Boiled rice and/or chapati
1. Heat the ghee in a large frying pan over a medium heat, until hot.
2. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
3. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is sealed.
4. Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric, salt, white pepper and tomato puree.
5. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until the chicken is coated.
6. Add the yogurt, coconut cream, ground almonds and sugar.
7. Stir everything together, bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Stir in the Double (Heavy) Cream and turn off the heat.
9. Serve the Korma topped with fresh coriander (cilantro).
10. Serve with rice and/or chapati.
#CookingShow #Fakeaway #Curry