Malvani Chicken Sagoti | Konkan Recipes | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Delight your taste buds with this delicious coastal recipe!
MALVANI CHICKEN SAGOTI
750 grams chicken on the bone, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
½ cup chopped fresh coriander + to garnish
2 green chillies, chopped
8 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger piece
5 tablespoons oil
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 stone flower pieces (dagadphool)
1 star anise
5-6 black peppercorns
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1teaspoon white sesame seeds
1 teaspoon poppy seeds
1 teaspoon caraway seeds (shahi jeera)
1 medium onion, sliced
½ cup scraped fresh coconut
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
2 mediumonions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon coriander-cumin powder
Salt to taste
¼ teaspoon nutmeg powder
1. Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, salt and set aside.
2. Grind fresh coriander, green chillies, garlic cloves and ginger to a fine paste with sufficient water. Add the ground mixture to the chicken and mix well and set aside.
3. Heat two tablespoons oil in a shallow nonstick pan. Add the cinnamon, stone flower, star anise, black peppercorns, cloves, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, caraway seeds. Sauté till fragrant.
4. Add the sliced onion and sauté till dark brown. Add the coconut and sauté till golden brown. Allow the mixture to cool.
5. Heat remaining oil in a nonstick pan. Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw flavor goes.
6. Add the chopped onion and sauté till translucent. Add the marinated chicken and sauté for two minutes on high heat.
7. Add the red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander-cumin powder and mix well.
8. Add half cup water, cover and cook on low heat for eight to ten minutes.
9. Transfer the cooled coconut- spice mixture in a mixer jar. Add sufficient water and grind to a fine paste.
10. Add the ground mixture and mix well. Adjust the seasoning. Add nutmeg powder and mix well. Cover and cook for five minutes.
11. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf