Chicken 65 | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Chicken pieces marinated in Indian spices and stir fried – one of the most popular Indian starter
400 grams boneless chickenlegs, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons oil + for deep-frying
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
Salt to taste
2 teaspoons coriander powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
Black pepper powder to taste
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon refined flour
1 cup yogurt
3 dried red chillies
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
2-3 green chillies, slit
½ teaspoon chopped ginger
6-8 curry leaves
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1-2 tablespoons red chilli paste
¼ cup chopped spring onion greens
1. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
2. Take chicken in a bowl. Add ginger-garlic, paste, ½ teaspoon chilli powder, salt, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, cumin powder, pepper powder and 1 tablespoon lemon juice, mix and set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Add egg to chicken mixture and mix well. Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch and refined flour and mix again.
4. Deep-fry marinated chicken pieces in hot oil till golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper.
5. Take yogurt in a bowl. Add remaining chilli powder, remaining turmeric powder, remaining coriander powder, salt and remaining cornstarch alongwith some water and mix well.
6. To prepare sauce, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a non-stick pan.
7. Diagonally chop dried red chillies and deseed.
8. Add mustard seeds to hot oil and let it splutter. Add chopped dried red chillies and sauté for 30 seconds.
9. Add green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, garlic and mix wellon high heat. Add chilli paste and mix well.
10. Reduce heat, add yogurt mixture, mix and cook for 5-10 minutes. Add fried chicken and spring onion greens and toss to mix. Add remaining lemon juice and mix well.
11. Serve hot garnished with bell pepper curls and spring onion green curls.
Preparation Time: 35-40 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor